The Jewellery Council of South Africa is a jewellery industry representative body established in 1973 and has moved from a voluntary organisation to a non-profit company. We have a duly constituted Memorandum of Incorporation and we presently employ three staff members. Our offices are situated in Bedfordview, Johannesburg.
The Council is made up of 4 divisions, each representing a different facet of the industry, namely:
- Jewellery Manufacturers
- Jewellery Wholesalers / Watch Importers / Diamond Companies
- Jewellery Retailers
- Services to the Industry
These divisions represent:
- Approximately 85% of manufacturing capacity and all training facilities offering jewellery manufacturing training. In addition, we represent 70% by number of precious metal refineries;
- All major watch importers and distributors;
- 75% + of retail turnover (over 1200 jewellery specific retail stores);
- The diamond industry’s equivalent to our association-, Diamond Dealers Club of South Africa, who represents polished diamond dealers, supports this submission.
To become a word-class industry support body enabling industry growth and unity enabling SA to become “Africa’s Jewellery Trading Hub”
Growing the SA Jewellery industry by serving all facets of the jewellery industry for the benefit of its development, growth and prosperity.’
‘Initiating, Implementing, Informing, Supporting, Representing’